FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (Edmonton, AB, June 3, 2020) – At the Annual General Meeting held (virtually) on May 30, 2020, the Culinary Federation confirmed the following:
NATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Ryan Marquis, President (June 2020 to May 2023) – NEW
- Peter Keith, Secretary (June 2020 to May 2022) – NEW
- Mark Davies, Treasurer (June 2019 to May 2021)
- Jeremy Luypen, Western Region Vice President (June 2019 to May 2021)
- Adelina Sisti-DeBlasis, Central Region Vice President (June 2020 to May 2022) - NEW
- Irwin MacKinnon, Eastern Region Vice President (June 2019 to May 2021)
- Steven Benns, Chair CCI (Canadian Culinary Institute) (June 2020 to May 2022) – NEW
YOUNG CHEF BOARD REPRESENTATIVES (appointed):
- Kevin Donoghue, Eastern Region
- Rebecca van Bommel, Central Region
- Andrea Robichaud, Western Region
- Steve Harding (PAST Director of Marketing, Sysco Canada)
- Glenda Taylor (PAST Director Food Service & Trade Marketing, Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.)
"I am honoured to assume the role of President of the Culinary Federation," said Chef Ryan Marquis. "With the collaboration and support of these highly-respected industry professionals, we are committed to building on the legacy that has sustained us since our beginnings while progressing to ensure we are bringing true value to our entire membership (current and new)."
The Culinary Federation gives professional chefs and cooks the opportunity to connect locally, nationally and internationally with culinary peers – to network and learn from each other, give back to the local community and mentor up-and-coming industry professionals.
Founded in 1963, the Culinary Federation has an active membership of 1,000+ and 21 local branches across Canada. Member chefs come from diverse industry verticals including multi-unit chains, independent operators, international hotel groups, institutional and educational facilities (professors and students), food manufacturers and food distributors.
# # #
Culinary Federation Communications
email@example.com | 416-569-2433